Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Website revamp!

So I'm working on a total website overhaul as my work has progressed significantly since the Sasha Rae Photo website was initially created. I appreciate your patience as I sit at coffee shops throughout Austin sifting thru the thousands of pix I've taken over the years to choose & edit the bests of the bests, in addition to (still) sorting thru the hundreds of pix I took over the summer on the Lilith Tour.  In the meantime, my current work is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sasharae7/collections/

I've been shooting lots of fun stuff lately, including my recent trip to NYC where, among other things, I was lucky enough to be able to assist my friend, Photographer David Bergman at a Jets game at the New Meadowlands Stadium in NJ for Sports Illustrated.




It was awesome being on the sidelines (minus getting hit in the head by a cheerleader's pom pom;) and meeting so many amazing veteran Photogs.


In addition to his work with Sports Illustrated, David is Jon Bon Jovi's tour Photographer and also runs TourPhotographer.Com, an awesome site allowing fans to purchase high-quality licensed pix like the one below from the concerts they attend.




The "F Stoppers" recently made a fantastic 10 min video documenting David's fun life as a music & sports Photographer.  Check it out here: F Stoppers / David Bergman



Equally as interesting was my introduction through my old friend, fellow Photographer Aaron Edwards, to the Bushwick Boat -




A ship docked in a canal in Brooklyn currently being used as a residence for nine people.





I've seen some cool houses and lofts over the years but this was most definitely the most unique living situation I've ever encountered.





Check out the rest of the Bushwick boat pix HERE.


I was also fortunate enough to be able to shoot Brooklyn band, The 45 Adapters.




Great band and a great bunch of guys too!


Uber thanks to Dave for the guided tour of Brooklyn on day 1 and to Dave, Amanda, Rachel, and my long lost GodFather "Uncle Flip," for the great hospitality.







Last but certainly not least, this post is dedicated to "Guruth."  In the very short time I got to spend with her, she was truly one of the most amazing human beings I've maybe ever met.  I can only hope in the end to have had a life even a smidgen as magical as hers was.  I'm sure she will be missed by so many but she is back with the stars where she truly belongs.  ♥










Until next time NY...




Much Love as always... <3

-Sasha Rae
(The Artist formerly known as Shanna)


Want to hire me to cover your event?  Please contact me at:  sasharae7@yahoo.com


Want to keep up with my adventures?  
Feel free to subscribe to this blog...  

No comments:

Post a Comment